We’ll be running a club light course in our basement and it’s free to all.
Jaeger, with kind support from Kulturrom, are pleased to offer a six part crash course in club lights. The course will run across 5 days over the course of three weeks in January 2022. The course also includes a trial run at showtime on a following Friday at Jaeger in the winter/spring period.
The course is free, but spaces are limited and course days will run 10:00 – 16:00 with a lunch break.
There are two course groups run on different dates as per below. The trial date run is across half a show during the night and paid accordingly.
The light course consists of six parts:
- Video projection used as club lights. (visual content typical for concerts et.al will not be covered here) Includes set-up, basic philosophy and the running of Resolume for the purpose. Course day is run by Isak from Beleven Produksjoner.
- Lights and GranMA. Basic introduction to GranMA wing and the house lights at Jaeger. Course day is run by Jaeger’s head light technician Eva Krpalkova
- Set-up and problem solving. Basic run through of how to set up lights in GrandMA, and how to solve DMX issues, lamp settings, issues with Hazer and so on. Course day is run by Eva Krpalkova.
- Theory and application. What we want to achieve with the lights and the space in between. Different approaches and thinking around how lights best can create the club space and help fire up a dancefloor. Course day is run by Kyrre Karlsen from KyrreLys and Jaegers booking and managing director Ola Smith-Simonsen.
- Workshop. Open session with Kyrre Karlsen and Ola Smith-Simonsen.
- Trial run. Running half a night/show along with one of Jaegers house light techs.
Group 1 / Group 2
Course day 1 Wednesday 5th / Thursday 6th
Course day 2 Monday 10th / Tuesday 11th
Course day 3 Wednesday 13th / Thursday 14th
Course day 4 Monday 17th / Tuesday 18th
Course day 5 Wednesday 19th / Thursday 20th
The trial run date will be greed individually, but will be 2 hours during 23 – 03 on a Friday night in the following months. For more information or to apply for one of the two course groups please contact: